Do You Want to Receive More Leads?
If you want more leads, let us introduce you to Grassroots Marketing. Oh, you already know what grassroots marketing is? But are you using these strategies to create more leads, build your business and increase your income? Kind of? Let us give you a refresher on some of these strategies so you can grow your lead volume and continue the path to success in this industry!
Building Your Brand:
People end up working with agents who have shown them they are knowledgeable, have their best interests at heart, and are there when needed. How are you going to do this?
- Invest your time to become the expert in your industry
- Attend educational carrier events to further your knowledge
- Work with your FMO to learn what’s available in your area
- Connect with your local carrier reps to find out more about plans and opportunities for your clients
- Prove that you’re dependable
- Call when you say you will
- Call when they least expect it (How are you doing, Happy Birthday)
- Be on time for appointments
- Return all phone calls and emails within 24 hours
- Provide solutions for your clients
- Do your research and have answers to any questions or concerns they may have
Your clients must trust your brand; after all, you’re not just selling a product to your customers; you’re selling your brand.
Develop Relationships in the Community:
Stepping outside your office and connecting with those in your community will do wonders for your referral business. Show up at your local pharmacies, senior centers, disability attorneys, your physician’s office, and community centers to let them know you want to be a resource for them.
- Introduce yourself to the staff at these properties and ask what you can do to help
- Ask if you can put up a display with your brochure and business cards
- Offer to sponsor an event with them
- Show up at consistent times each week and be available for questions
Get Involved in Your Community:
What are your clients and prospects interested in your community? Find out their interests and be a part of it. Doing this will not only help you to connect with them, but it will also help you gain more referrals.
- Health Fairs
- Social Clubs
- Sports Leagues geared toward your target market (Have you heard of Pickle Ball?)
- Professional networking groups like the Chamber of Commerce, Financial Planner, Human Resource Associations, etc.
Host Your Own Events:
Find out what a need is in your area and offer to host the event yourself—filling a need not being met in your community while building your business and brand.
- Informational seminars geared towards technology use or healthy eating for seniors
- Educational Seminars
- Sales Presentations (with carrier approval)
Did this help refresh your grassroots marketing strategies? Using these strategies will help you get the most out of grassroots marketing. Once you become your area’s go-to person, your business will skyrocket. Be the person these communities need; Get to know your community and those you serve. And don’t let this overwhelm you. Focus on a few ideas and grow from there! You never know; those ideas may be all you need for your business!
If you need assistance with ideas for your grassroots marketing plans, please email the UIG Brokerage Team at [email protected] or (800) 878-1058, ext. 1380.